Arizona Tax Credit Donations
The Arizona state school tax credit program is something we can all get behind! 100% of your donation goes directly to the school and program of your choice, and you get the money back when you file your taxes at the end of the year. It’s win-win!
How Does it Work?
Arizona Law (ARS 43-1089.01) allows married couples filing jointly a tax credit of up to $400 and individual taxpayers a tax credit of up to $200 when they contribute to extracurricular activities in public schools.
Your contribution goes directly to our school, and we can even apply the funds to the activity of your choice. Your donations support extracurricular student activities not provided for under Arizona school budget parameters. Because it’s a credit and not a deduction, the money you donate will all come back to you when you file your return.
Who Can Contribute?
This tax credit is available to all who reside in Arizona and have a tax liability at least equal to the amount of their donation. You do not have to be a parent of a child in our school district to benefit from this law.
Corporations are not eligible to contribute.
How Do I Make My Tax Credit Donation?
To make a contribution and receive the tax credit, please take the following steps:
- Complete the Morristown School District Tax Credit Donation form, available on this page and in our school office.
- Attach your check made payable to Morristown Elementary School District #75.
- Donate online or drop off or mail your contribution to our district office.
- We’ll mail you a receipt for tax reporting purposes.
- For more information, or for forms required when filing your own tax return, visit the State of Arizona Department of Revenue School Tax Credit web page.