Morristown in the News
There's nothing we enjoy more than sharing the good news about our wonderful students and staff members. And we have a lot of great things to share! Read all about student and faculty accomplishments, past happenings, upcoming events, and so much more.
The school has scheduled its upcoming state assessments. These assessments include the AIMS science for grades 4 and 8 and the newly named AzM2 (formally AzMERIT) for students in grades 3 through 8. These assessments will depict student performance with state standards. These assessments depict the performance of our school with other school districts throughout Arizona. Our goal is to demonstrate the hard work the school, the students, and our parents have put forth during this academic year. We encourage all our stakeholders to support the efforts of the students with these upcoming assessments. Establishing homework times at home and encouraging students to do their best at all times set a great foundation for positive performance.
Please visit the Arizona Department of Education Assessment website for more information. AzM2 resources and practice tests are also available online.
Please make a note on your calendars of the following:
- March 24, 2020: Grade 4 (Science) & Grade 4 (Science Ms. Spear)
- March 25, 2020: Grade 8 (Science)
- March 30, 2020: Grade 3 (Writing)
- March 31, 2020: Grade 3 (Read 1/Math 1), Grade 4 (Writing) & Grade 7/8 (Writing)
- April 1, 2020: Grade 3 (Read 2/Math 2), Grade 4 Read 1/Math 1) & Grades 3–7 (Writing Ms. Spear)
- April 2, 2020: Grade 4 (Read 2/Math 2)
- April 7, 2020: Grade 5/6 (Writing), Grade 7/8 (Math 1 & Read 1), Grades 3–7 (Reading 1 /Make-up Ms. Spear)
- April 8, 2020: Grade 7/8 (Math 2 & Read 2), Grades 3–7 (Reading 2/Make ups Ms. Spear)
- April 14, 2020: Grade 5/6 (Math 1 & Read 1), Grades 3–7 (Math 1/Make-ups Ms. Spear)
- April 15, 2020: Grade 5/6 (Math 2 & Read 2), Grades 3–7 (Math 2/Make-ups Ms. Spear)
A reminder that adults still can contribute to the school through the Arizona tax credit program. This opportunity allows for taxpayers to earmark funds to local schools and receive a tax credit for the same dollar amount from the state. Tax credit donations can help support a variety of activities that include tutoring, field trips, enrichment, and athletics programs. Please visit our Arizona Tax Credit Donations page for more information.
The four-day school calendar survey results are in! Check out the results below:
With recent findings from the Arizona Department of Education Food Service audit, the school will be raising its smart snacks/ala carte costs. The new prices will be:
- Chips - $0.75
- Rice Krispies Treats™ - $1.00
- All Drinks - $1.00
- Cookies - $0.50
The school applied for the Arizona Department of Education’s School Safety Grant. This grant provided an opportunity for the school to identify an area of need surrounding the position of a resource officer, counselor, and/or social worker. Understanding the need to support students with social and emotional endeavors, as well as academic guidance, the school identified a need for a school counselor. The State Board of Education notified Morristown Elementary that they are receiving funding for a school counselor for three years. As this position develops, it will have potential for incredible results as it will support students, families, community, and our teachers. We hope to have this position in place as we start the school year.